Thursday, March 18, 2010

Warm Weather Adventures, by Jonathan

One thing I always look forward to the most, especially after the nippy weather of winter, is summer because everything is better when it’s hot! Summer for me begins amazing and then gradually gets better. It starts off with a bang: School is over and my B-day, on June 19, is the next thing coming my way. Birthday parties were never really my thing, but it’s nice to know that an important person like me is richly celebrated.

 After that the real “Warm Weather Adventures” begin.  I hit up Oak Island beach with my cousins and a couple of friends to live it up and enjoy the intense night life. My cousin’s mom owns a beach house down there so we officially stay there for weeks at a time. If the ocean gets monotonous, then the next lively activity to enjoy is the smaller waters of N.C, the lake.

Ever since I was a little boy the most recent lake trip was always fresh in my head and the need for another was always present in my personality. My lake buds and I always have a chill time up at the freshwater, doing water sports like jamming on the wakeboard and toobin it up. The best part at the end of a long day on the water is gathering up the boys and lighting up a good ol’ fashion brush fire and standing around it roasting weenies and sweet succulent marshmallows, filling thy gut to my hearts content. But it doesn’t end, there is still a grand summer left at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment