Monday, March 15, 2010

Paintball, by Nathan

Paintball is one of the world’s  most fun  sports to play.  I started playing paint ball when I was invited to my stepdads friend’s birthday party at a paintball place.  It took awhile for me to catch on to the game and get to the point where I didn’t run out of paint in the first few minutes.  That was back when I was 12. I played for a little bit longer after that mostly at birthday parties and then stopped because it was getting to expensive.
                Then this past year before me and my mom and sister took a trip to New York to see our cousins over the summer.  My two cousins invented me to go up to Jim Thorp, Pennsylvania to play paintball at Skirmish USA at the annual reenactment of the invasion of Normandy.  It was 3 days of almost non-stop paintball. 
                When we got there we set up our tents and food and started getting ready for the next day and the start of the games.  There was close to 3,000 people there.  There were two major teams there, the Allie team which consisted of US, France, and Canada, and the German team.  There were also two mercenary teams for hire. 
                The first day was the longest day and the most fun day I’ve had so far, but the whole weekend was fun!  It started at 12 in the afternoon.  We got a brief description of the rules and regulations and then we took up our passions.  The German team (me, my cousins, and my cousin’s friend, and about 1,000 other people) would defend the beach as long as possible.  The allied team would try and take the beach.  The German team could move out on to the beach to a certain point and couldn’t go farther.   The Germans could also close the boats that the allies were coming out of by killing (taking out) all the people that came out three  times, then they wouldn’t use the boat anymore.
                It was 2 hours before our group ran out of paint and had to go back to get more, but by then we were hungry and wanted to rest.  The Germans held the beach area for 2-3 more hours before being pushed out.  That whole weekend has turned me on to paintball again and has got me going up there again to do it all again!!!  

2 comments:

  1. Dylan Ivey
    that sounds like fun playing a reanachment with paintballs and having a 1000 people there

    ReplyDelete
  2. paintball seems like its very fun i think i will try it one day...Lorenzo Evans

    ReplyDelete