Monday, March 15, 2010

Shooting Team, by Lindsey


                Shooting team is one of the only things I have ever cared about. My whole life I’ve always been kind of a tough girl. I’ve liked the outdoors and getting dirty. So my 8th grade year when I was at Stanford I started the Orange High School Shooting Team. It’s pretty much a guy’s thing but there are a couple of girls that can do it, like me.
                Shooting Team is something that the FFA (Future Farmers of America) do every year. It starts at the end of hunting season and goes all the way to the beginning of April. There are three possible competitions that you can go to. Regional’s are the first stage if competition, State’s are the second, and if your team does excellent in both of these then you might get to go to Nationals.
                This year I made the number three team to go to Regional’s. My team consists of myself and four other people. We will have to shoot Shotgun, Rifle, and Bow’s. Also we have to take a wildlife test and do a Compass Course. This is one of the only reasons that I even try to keep my grades up or come to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment