Monday, March 15, 2010

The Dream of Sports, By Stephon


Each day as I sit and day dream about my life and how it would be, it almost feels as if the world is in my hands. I have a variety of futures to choose from and to be successful at it. I wonder everyday about if I will ever make it in sports as in being famous, playing on TV and giving back to my community. But then again I realize that it isn’t always about sports it is about what you take care of in the classroom. I just had a wake up call this past year about sports it was the worst thing that ever happened to me in my life.

Last summer I was thinking about playing football for high school for the first time because my friends and family have been telling me I’m really good at it. So as I’ve been going to the practices and everything it was time for the athletic director to see who’s eligible to play. So as I’m in the locker room changing clothes getting ready for practice the coaches call me in their office. They tell me to have a sit and as I’m sitting I’m thinking in my head man am I in trouble, am I going to be able to play what’s going on? Then finally the head coach came to me and told me that I am ineligible to play this year. So I’m sitting listening to him telling me he would look forward to me playing next year and that I did good these past two weeks. just make sure I keep my grades up.

As I’m walking out of the coaches’ office I go back to the locker room and tell all my friends and teammates that I can’t play because of my grades, they all try to cheer me up and tell me it will be alright you can let them know that they have lost someone that really meant something to this team. Now I understand that sports isn’t always everything in life until you have the important thing of all time to fall back on, and that is grades. I have now figured out I have let people down that are important too and including myself. It all was nothing but failure, you just have to always know that failure Is the key to success if you fail then you will learn from your mistake and know what path to take the next time around.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should always try to make your dreams come true. I think you can if try hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i fell where u coming from on this one, i think this was a great topic to type about. i didnt play sports this year my grades where right and eveything but i choose not to play. i decided that my grades where more important.

    ReplyDelete