Friday, February 19, 2010

Mates - Friends, by Dianwen

I recalled the sky not crystal clear;
I recalled the repeating radio song every dawn;
I recalled the ever-lasting topics we chatted about;
I recalled the baggy uniform, the snacks from grocery, the endless homework.

I wish I could fight together with them,
shoulder to shoulder
but, I could not.

Their figures repeated again and again in the dream.
Waking up, what was left, however, were no more than vague memories and continued longing.

I thought I had escaped from the sea of bitterness, into a life of sunshine.
I thought losing some of attachment might give more back in exchange.
I thought busy days would kick away the memory of home,

but, I was wrong.

Why would I recall the days I had spent, while the bright future waits beyond?
I do not know,
but perhaps to bless you all, deeply from my heart:
from the other side of the ocean.

1 comment: