Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What a Career Day, by Tim

I think that Carl Kenney is an inspiration to all North Carolina natives who are interested in pursuing a career in journalism. On career day, our guest speaker Carl Kenny came and expressed a unique reason why he chose to pursue his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Carl Kenny came and expressed to our class his hardships and the struggles over his lost sister at a young age. Kenny said that journalism and a teacher from the University of Missouri changed his whole life around. I think that what Carl Kenny did for all of our classes was truly amazing; he inspired a lot of people. I for one appreciate him taking time out of his busy schedule to come see us.

Carl Kenney's Blog: REV-elution

4 comments:

  1. Carl Kenny was a good career speaker choice but im a little confused about him. I was actually more interested in his theological practices than anything else (me being and independent southern baptist).Ryan Farthing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed Carl Kenny's presentation on career day. It was helpful to learn more about the creative writing profesion and how successful someone can be.

    Joey Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to thanks Carl Kenney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always inspires me to see someone who has gone through lots of hardships become successful in life.

    Chris Kelly

    ReplyDelete